The Department of Surgery Outstanding Citizenship Award is given annually to two faculty members who exemplify an unwavering dedication to the department, their colleagues and the community.
Nelya Melnitchouk, MD, MSc
Stephanie Nitzschke, MD, MS
Robert Riviello, MD, MPH
Jennifer Shin, MD, SM
Applications are now closed.
Candidates should be chosen based how closely they align with the following criteria.
• Service to the Department: volunteering for departmental and hospital committees, network outreach and other divisional duties
• Professionalism and Inclusivity: treats everyone encountered with respect; promotes diversity, inclusion and equity
• Education and Resident Involvement: goes above and beyond to mentor and educate trainees
• Commitment to Faculty Members: an unwavering commitment to the professional, personal, and emotional well-being of fellow faculty members
• Excellent Representation of the Department Locally, Regionally and Nationally: scholarship, media and leadership
• Community Relations and Volunteerism: community activities on behalf of the department, hospital, patients and their families
Nominated faculty must have a Harvard Medical School rank of Instructor, Assistant Professor or Associate professor and less than 12 years experience as an attending surgeon.
- One Nomination Letter
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae (Must be in Harvard format)
The deadline for nominations will be announced soon. Applications should be sent to DOSProfessionalDevelopment@bwh.harvard.edu.